Manager, Tax Planning & Management Lead at 9mobile Nigeria
Lagos, Nigeria - Posted 4 months ago
Company Profile9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Job ID: IRC4347
- Plan, coordinate and implement company-wide tax systems, ensure EMTS complies with statutory and regulatory stipulations.
- Play a key role in supporting the financial management of the business optimization and implementation of international tax and finance structures
- Review impact of new tax accounting standards, on the company and share knowledge with senior management
- Establish and maintain relationships with Key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate applicable working knowledge of the Nigerian Tax laws and how they affect the telecommunications industry
- Ensure the company's monthly tax return are filled on or before due dates
- Respond to queries from federal and state tax authorizes and respond with 48 hours of receipt
- Coordinate the registration of the company with relevant tax authorities
- Ensure accurate periodic computation, provisioning and filling of WHT, VAT, company income and education tax returns
- Provide timely tax advice to senior management as required
- Provide support for the preparation of final numbers and disclosures for the company's interim and year end result
- Review all commercial contract and agreements entered into for tax implications
- Ensure the Corporate Tax Clearance Certificate(e (TCC) for Federal Inland Revenue Service and State authorities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with relevant tax authorities
- Pan and agree information requirements with other business units in order to meet reporting deadlines and ensure the company is compliant with external reporting requirements including IFRS
- Provide reports on company and tax activities as deemed necessary by senior management
- Perform duties as instructed by the Director, Financial Planning.
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Membership of Professional association (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc.)
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Financial Accounting / Reporting
- Fixed Assets Accounting.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Salary : Not Provided
- Experience : Available in the job description -
- Category :
Auditing & Finance