Chief Finance Officer - The AMCE at King's College Hospital
King's College Hospital
Abuja - Posted 4 months ago
Company ProfileKing's College Hospital - We are one of London's leading hospitals with a world-class reputation, but our roots lie in the heart of our community. Every day we care for patients from some of the most deprived communities in the capital and from some of the wealthiest. Our globally renowned specialties - including liver, diabetes, and sickle cell – are largely driven by the health problems of our ethnically diverse local community. King's is also one of the UK’s largest teaching hospitals. We train 400 doctors, 275 nurses, and 750 dentists each year, in partnership with King’s College London. We have a reputation to maintain, so we are looking to recruit great people. Whether you work in medicine, nursing, administration, scientific services, or patient support, we want you to keep up our high standards and push them even higher.
Job Reference ID: 213-CORP-2471
Contract: Permanent - Secondment / Fixed Term would be considered
Hours: Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Main Area: Executive
Grade: Executives / VSM
Working for our Organisation
The African Medical Centre of Excellence will be implemented in four phases over a six-year period, starting with a 170-bed specialist hospital before expanding to a 500-bed facility. The centre will have the potential to provide services to over 200,000 patients in Nigeria and a further 150,000 patients from neighbouring West African countries within its first five years of operation.
The clinical areas the centre will specialise in are: Cardiology, Haematology and Oncology. This will include specialist diagnostic services for genomics and oncology and state of the art imaging and treatment capabilities. A range of businesses providing relevant health support will support this facility and provide commercial services to its patients and staff.
The AMCE will be located in Abuja, Nigeria which has the highest GDP in Africa, estimated at USD 448 Billion (World Bank, 2019), and a leading oil producer in Africa. Nigeria is also multi-ethnic and culturally diverse with a population of about 200.9 million people spread across a federation of 36 autonomous states and the Federal Capital Territory. Nigeria is also blessed with many natural landmarks and wildlife reserves which have waterfalls, dense rainforest, savanna and rare primate habitats including Protected areas such Cross River National Park and Yankari National Park and one of the most recognisable sites in Abuja, Zuma Rock.
- Are you looking for a new, exciting and challenging opportunity to expand your portfolio of expertise? We would like to invite an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead our finance function at our ground breaking healthcare facility in Nigeria, West Africa!
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) has announced the commencement of its African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) project in Abuja, Nigeria. It will provide excellent healthcare to both low and high-income patient groups across the continent. The AMCE in Partnership with King's College Hospital London will be located in Abuja, which is a hub for travel in Nigeria and West Africa, enabling it to attract patients across the region.
- We are looking for a proven CFO who has ideally taken a rapidly growing business to a sale, listing, or has strong transactional experience. They must be entrepreneurial and creative in their mind set, with evidence of strategic input, and be able to support the rest of the leadership team in realising the business' potential.
- Also, ensuring that the organisation is best placed to deliver the highest quality of care, meeting the expectations of patients, carers, commissioners and the wider system.
Main Duties of the Job
- Highly results-driven, with the energy and determination to succeed where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success.
- Strong strategic planning skills – the ability to put financial and risk decisions into the context of the short, medium and long-term business needs
- Open to change and driving continuous improvement in timeliness, accuracy and controllership through the core activities under their control.
- As an Executive Director, the Chief Finance Officer will be a full member of the AMCE’s Executive Management Team and will share corporate responsibility for the decisions of the Board. You will play a key role in the establishment of the AMCE through the set-up and planning phases (design, build, planning) through ramp-up and into the full operational phase and beyond.
- The Chief Finance Officer is responsible for all financial aspects of the AMCE, both operational and strategic, including ensuring effective financial management and financial control, and for the performance of operational finances. The Chief Finance Officer will build close relationships with the AMCE’s commissioning bodies such as insurance providers, charitable Trusts and foundations and commercial / corporate institutions and with partner providers such as King’s College Hospital London and The Christie Hospital.
- The Chief Finance Officer oversees the AMCE’s day to day finances and cash flow and works with senior staff to ensure the long term sustainability of the AMCE’s activities and services, securing financial performance improvements right across the organisation, identifying and driving commercial opportunities to maximise the AMCE’s future development.
- The Chief Finance Officer and the Chief Executive Officer are responsible for the annual business and financial plans and for ongoing financial monitoring returns/exception reporting as required.
- As a member of the AMCE Executive Board, the Chief Finance Officer shares corporate responsibility with other directors, including for the quality of service provided and the financial well-being of the AMCE.
- All AMCE Executive Board members have a responsibility to drive forward a culture of change and innovation, research and development and efficiency and productivity.
In summary, the Chief Finance Officer will:
- Ensure that annual and strategic plans are developed which will ensure the most effective use of resources in the interests of improving patient safety and care.
- Provide leadership to managers across the AMCE on all aspects of finance and procurement and as an Executive Director, advise and guide the AMCE Board and the Chief Executive.
- Ensure that financial services and systems within the AMCE are fit for purpose and support the development of a culture of sound business management throughout the AMCE.
- Qualified Accountant and recognised by a professional accounting body Educated to Degree Level or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development Evidence of recent management leadership development.
- The salary on offer will be paid in US Dollars and not Great British Pounds. The salary has only been advertised in Great British Pounds, to follow the guidelines set by the Government Digital Service (GDS). An Oanda spot rate for USD/GBP as of 10th of January 2022 at 15:30, was used for conversion.
- Accommodation Allowance
- Annual Flight allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Health insurance
- Indemnity insurance
- Exclusive Memberships.
Application Closing Date
4th February 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Given the nature of the roles being applied for in Nigeria, candidate information will be shared with Afremibank Privacy notice - African Export-Import Bank (afreximbank.com) as part of the recruitment process.
- Salary : Not specified
- Experience : Available in the job description -
- Category :
Auditing & Finance